Team Best Buddies an endurance event program that enables Best Buddies supporters of all abilities to dedicate their training and participation in marathons and other endurance events to the life-changing movement of inclusion for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Individuals that make the commitment to represent Best Buddies earn a spot in some of the most sought-after marathon and endurance events in the country.
Sunday, October 8, 2023
Visit chicagomarathon.com for all official race-day information
Best Buddies in Illinois
500 N. Dearborn
Chicago IL 60654
Bank of America Chicago Marathon
Best Buddies in Illinois is honored to have the opportunity of being one of the charity partners for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon again. Running the Bank of America Chicago Marathon is the pinnacle of achievement for elite athletes and everyday runners alike. On race day, runners from all 50 states and more than 100 countries will set out to accomplish a personal dream by reaching the finish line in Grant Park.
By running the Bank of America Chicago Marathon with Team Best Buddies, each stride you take brings us closer to a more inclusive world. Team Best Buddies members commit to fundraising to further our mission to create opportunities for friendships, employment, and leadership for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
All Team Best Buddies members will receive:
- Guaranteed entry into the 2023 Chicago Marathon (if you don’t get in through drawing)
- A personalized fundraising page with tools to help you easily solicit donations to meet your fundraising goal of $1,750
- Team Best Buddies running singlet and swag bag
- Free access to CARA training plans and fitness tips
- Regular updates with important race information, training tips, and inspiration
- Opportunity to meet program participants, make a difference, and raise awareness for Best Buddies
Runners will not be registered for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon until they complete the required 3-step process:
1. Register to run and commit to fundraise $1750 for Best Buddies on the Team Best Buddies website.
2. Use the Best Buddies International personalized link to register and pay the registration fee on the Bank of America Chicago Marathon website.
3. Complete and return the Best Buddies runner waiver.