October 8, 2023 - Bank of America Chicago Marathon
Let’s change the world for people with intellectual & developmental disabilities.
How it works
Best Buddies in Illinois is honored to have the opportunity of being one of the charity partners for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon again. Running the Bank of America Chicago Marathon is the pinnacle of achievement for elite athletes and everyday runners alike. On race day, runners from all 50 states and more than 100 countries will set out to accomplish a personal dream by reaching the finish line in Grant Park.
By running the Bank of America Chicago Marathon with Team Best Buddies, each stride you take brings us closer to a more inclusive world. Team Best Buddies members commit to fundraising to further our mission to create opportunities for friendships, employment, and leadership for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
All Team Best Buddies members will receive:
- Guaranteed entry into the 2023 Chicago Marathon (if you don’t get in through drawing)
- A personalized fundraising page with tools to help you easily solicit donations to meet your fundraising goal of $1,750
- Team Best Buddies running singlet and swag bag
- Free access to CARA training plans and fitness tips
- Regular updates with important race information, training tips, and inspiration
- Opportunity to meet program participants, make a difference, and raise awareness for Best Buddies
Runners will not be registered for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon until they complete the required 3-step process:
1. Register to run and commit to fundraise $1750 for Best Buddies on the Team Best Buddies website.
2. Use the Best Buddies International personalized link to register and pay the registration fee on the Bank of America Chicago Marathon website.
3. Complete and return the Best Buddies runner waiver.
Let's Get Started!
Form Your Crew
Recruit friends and family to join you.
Every dollar raised benefits local Best Buddies programs.
We’ll see you at the finish line!
Supporting Local Programs
Funds raised through Team Best Buddies events benefits Best Buddies – the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our programs empower the special abilities of people with IDD by helping them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy and communication skills, and feel valued by society.
The IDD community that Best Buddies serves includes, but is not limited to, people with Down Syndrome, Autism, Fragile X, Williams Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, traumatic brain injury and other undiagnosed disabilities.Learn More
We Love Our Sponsors!
For sponsorship opportunities and other event inquiries, please contact:
Best Buddies Illinois, 500 N. Dearborn, Suite 730, Chicago, IL 60654