Let’s change the world for people with intellectual & developmental disabilities.
How it works
Best Buddies in New York is honored be one of the New York Road Runners’ Official Charity Partners for the TCS New York City Marathon 2020.
Running with Team Best Buddies in the TCS New York City Marathon helps to bring us closer to a more inclusive world. Members of Team Best Buddies will commit to fundraising a minimum of $3,500 to further the Best Buddies mission of establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, leadership development, and inclusive living for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
All Team Best Buddies members will receive:
- Guaranteed entry into the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon (if you don’t get in through the drawing).
- A personalized fundraising page with tools to help you easily solicit donations to meet your fundraising goal.
- Team Best Buddies running singlet and swag bag.
- Regular updates with important race information, training tips, and inspiration.
- Opportunity to meet program participants, make a difference, and raise awareness.
- Free entry for you and a guest at the Best Buddies Friendship Walk: New York City on Saturday, October 25, 2020.
Additional Fundraising Incentives:
As you raise funds for Best Buddies, the following incentives will be provided at specific fundraising benchmarks.
$2,500 by 7/10/2020
$50 Gift Certificate your choice of Running Gear or Spa Service
$3,500 by 8/14/2020
Extra Best Buddies Gear
$4,500 by 9/11/20
Two Grand Stand Seat Tickets
Let's Get Started!
Supporting Local Programs
Funds raised through Team Best Buddies events benefits Best Buddies – the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our programs empower the special abilities of people with IDD by helping them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy and communication skills, and feel valued by society.
The IDD community that Best Buddies serves includes, but is not limited to, people with Down Syndrome, Autism, Fragile X, Williams Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, traumatic brain injury and other undiagnosed disabilities.Learn More