Team Best Buddies an endurance event program that enables Best Buddies supporters of all abilities to dedicate their training and participation in marathons and other endurance events to the life-changing movement of inclusion for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Individuals that make the commitment to represent Best Buddies earn a spot in some of the most sought-after marathon and endurance events in the country.
Ion Bank Cheshire Road Race
Best Buddies Connecticut is honored to again have the opportunity of being one of the charity partners for the Ion Bank Cheshire Road Race. This road race is a Half Marathon, Relay, 5K or Kids Run. Running or walking, the Ion Bank race is the pinnacle of achievement for elite athletes and everyday runners alike. On race day, runners from all over Connecticut, and surrounding states, will set out to accomplish a personal dream by reaching the finish line.
By running or walking the Ion Bank Cheshire Road Race with Team Best Buddies, each stride you take brings us closer to a more inclusive world. Team Best Buddies members commit to fundraising a minimum of $250 to further our mission to create opportunities for friendships, employment, and leadership development skills for people with and without developmental disabilities.
All Team Best Buddies members will receive:
- An entry into the 2020 Ion Bank Cheshire Road Race
- A personalized fundraising page with tools to help you easily solicit donations to meet your minimum fundraising goal of $250
- Team Best Buddies running shirt
- Regular updates with important race information, training tips, and inspiration
- Opportunity to meet program participants, make a difference, and raise awareness