Date & Location
Sunday, April 29, 2018
Cheshire High School
525 South Main St
Cheshire, CT 06410
Visit http://cheshirehalfmarathon.org/race-features/ for the event schedule.
Visit http://cheshirehalfmarathon.org/race-info/parkingaccomodations/ for Directions and Parking
7-8:15 a.m. Registration (if available) and packet pick up.
7 a.m. – 12 p.m. UnitedHealthcare Healthy & Active Living Festival.
7 a.m. – 12 p.m. Beardsley Zoo Kids Fun Zone.
7:30 a.m. CHET-Connecticut Higher Education Trust – Kids Warm Up
7:45 a.m. Ion Insurance Kids Fun Run (on the track).
8:30 a.m. Half Marathon & Relay Start (relay information here!)
8:36 a.m. 5K Start
9 a.m. Post race party begins with great food and live music from Run for Cover.
9:50 a.m. 5K Awards.
10:40 a.m. Half Marathon Awards
What is Team Best Buddies?
Team Best Buddies is an exciting and fun charity event that supports the programs and services of Best Buddies Connecticut, and at the same time raises fundamental awareness of our vital friendship, integrated employment, and leadership programs. The half marathon is a scenic flat course that runs through Cheshire and parts of Hamden with significant stretches along the Farmington Canal Trail. The flat 5k course is run entirely in Cheshire. Kids Fun Runs are run on Cheshire High School track. Best Buddies Connecticut is a signature charity for the event. The event is organized by JB Sports, LLC – coordinators of some of your favorite running events.
Please contact Lezlye Zupkus from Best Buddies Connecticut
at LezlyeZupkus@bestbuddies.org for more information.
The funds raised from this event will support programs locally and throughout Connecticut. Best Buddies is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Best Buddies programs engage participants in every state and in 50 countries around the world. People with disabilities are often excluded from society because of their differences. Best Buddies has created a spirit of public service for middle school, high school and college volunteers that will last a lifetime. Get involved as a participant or become a sponsor to help build a stronger foundation for Best Buddies Connecticut. *Best Buddies Connecticut will request all participants to raise a minimum of $250 per individual. Runners/walkers receive complimentary registration including a Team Best Buddies t-shirt for committing to raise $250 or more for the Best Buddies Connecticut. Once you have raised $250.00 please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First 3,000 entrants receive free tech-shirt for half marathon and 5k.
- UnitedHealthcare Healthy Living Festival.
- Certified ½ marathon and 5k courses with split times. Both courses are fairly flat and feature significant stretches on the Farmington Canal Trail.
- Course maps available for the 5k and half marathon (see course map section).
- JB Sports, coordinators of the New Haven and Fairfield Road Races, is organizing this event.
- Ion Insurance Kids Fun Run: Noncompetitive, Ribbons for all finishers, ¼ mile for kids 6 and under, ½ mile for kids 7-12, Cotton t-shirts for all Kids Fun Run participants.
- State-of-the-art ChronoTrack B-tag timing system.
- Post-race party includes live music, food, entertainment, awards ceremony, kids activities, including inflatable amusements and fun for the whole family!
- Extensive medical personnel and seven water stations.
- Shower facilities and free parking.
- Nuun Hydration and GU Energy Gel available on half marathon course.
- Bands/Music along half marathon course.
- Sports massages.
- Commemorative Half Marathon finisher medal.
- Post-race party includes live music, food, entertainment, awards ceremony, kids’ activities, including inflatable amusements and fun for the whole family!
- On course entertainment.
- Portable toilets on race course.
- Half Marathon & 5K winners – roundtrip Jet Blue airline ticket and trophy to top male and female finisher.
- 2 roundtrip Jet Blue airline tickets to visitors of the UnitedHealthcare Healthy & Active Lifestyles Festival –the more booths you visit the more chances to win!
- 2 roundtrip Jet Blue airline tickets raffled off to any charity fundraiser raising $250.00 or more. Every $250.00 raised increases chances of winning.
- Trophies for top 3 finishers in the 5K and half marathon as follows: 12 and under (5k only), 13-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
- Results posted on jbsports.com and cheshirehalfmarathon.org after the event.
Help make a difference. SIGN UP TODAY!